Friday, January 18, 2008

Mini Art Quilt

Today I am working on a mini art quilt. I was piecing some fabric together to make a doll, but I decided that the combo wasn't what I wanted for that project, so there I had rectangle of a very interesting mix of polka dot fabrics. What to do with it? A mini art quilt, that's what! So now there is a flannel robot, a fancy lady and a polka dotted bird, along with two trees. I glued everything on and I'm waiting for the glue to dry before I throw in some decorative and functional stitches. I'm interested to see how it turns out, I've never made anything quite like this before. Sorry about the horrible picture quality, I'll try to get better pictures up when I'm finished.









I have been considering coming up with a years worth of weekly projects and posting them here, either as a tutorial or as contest/craft-a-long sort of thing. I think either way it would be a good way to motivate myself to make a new project each week, which will certainly help to keep my aires heart happy.

Next week I'm going to Florida for one last visit to friends and family before heading back to the west coast at the end of next month. I'm going to to have to start packing up my things after my Florida jaunt, and I must say I don't feel entirely ready to leave my sanctuary in the woods and return to the world of city living and working. I am, however, looking forward to seeing the folks I miss, The Princess, and having more resources available to me again (transit! free weekly yoga! vegan pizza delivery!). Ending this convalescence will certainly be bittersweet to say the least, but at least I still have about a month left.

No comments: