Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hello, Goodbye! (and much gorgeousness)

.

I have always known
That at last I would
Take this road, but yesterday
I did not know that it would be today.

-Japanese poem

I've been back in Oakland for a few days now and it's been wonderful. This is such a beautiful time of year here, everything is in bloom and it's been sunny every day! The plum trees in front of my house are covered in soft, pink blossoms that it seems I'm not allergic to this year, hurray! It's been beyond glorious to see my kitty The Princess again after months apart and today I got a massage from a friend of mine that was simply glorious. I'm a bit exhausted from all the going that's been going on, since I'd gotten used to very little socialization and not much happening outside of my house, but it's been fun nonetheless. I had a great day on Friday running around the conservatory and golden gate park with Bequi and Dan and last night and today I've been able to go through my stuff that was in storage at a friend's. While I'm not used to being as mobile as I've been, it's just been so gorgeous here that although I get exhausted I couldn't imagine not wandering around and looking at all the gorgeous purples and yellows and pinks and oranges and reds and whites that are bursting off of almost every plant around! What better time to be in Oakland? I'm glad that this will be my goodbye to this city, yes it's already time for goodbye, even though I've just arrived. Remember that massage I got a few months back that gave me a really strong urge to be in North Carolina? Well, things have been falling perfectly into place and I'm going to be moving to Asheville at the end of March, so I'll only be in Oakland for a month wrapping things up and saying my hellos and goodbyes, which is bittersweet, but I'd rather leave lovingly than burned out!

That said all my crafty/artsy stuff is still in GA waiting for me to come along and pick it up on my way up to Asheville and since I don't have any (or much of any) artsy/crafty stuff at my disposal I'm on a fun food project kick currently. Right now I'm sprouting lentils on top of my fridge, which I've never done before, but it's been really simple. I found the tutorial here and got started right away. I think my next project is going to be yogurt made from almond milk. From what I've been reading it can be made with anything and since I'm not a huge fan of the soy yogurts and I'd rather not have sugar in it, I'm going to give almond milk yogurt a whirl. We'll see how it turns out. Now I think it might be time to curl up with a book and The Princess while my bed is all sunny.

No comments: