Thursday, March 6, 2008

Like I could wait a month!

I knew there was no way I could have gone a whole month without sewing or crafting something! As I was going through the few things I have in storage I found these really cheesy angel inspiration cards that have good insights/thoughts to ponder, but the imagery makes me want to vomit. It's just toooooo newage (rhymes with sewage!) for me, so I've been covering the saccharine images on each card with random images from my craft books and the pile of pictures I'm releasing before this next move. Now the cards are much, much easier for me to digest, because I can translate the words into something useful much more efficiently if I'm not having to block out those horrible, anglo-centric sugary drawings too. This project began with me decorating the outside of the box, but now the cards are getting thicker because of my additions and won't fit inside the box any longer, so I will have to make a new container of some sort for them. It made me think of a deck of cards we had when I was a child that was stored in a box that had two spaces for the cards so half the deck was stored on the right and half the deck was stored on the left. I might try to make something like that for them.

Oh, and my sprouts turned out magnificently so now it's time to tackle yogurt!

1 comment:

David said...

You now have a fan club in the forum at www.radioparadise.com - come join the asylum!